Did you know that gum disease is a common oral health disorder that progressively becomes worse over time? Have you checked your mouth recently for signs of gum disease? You can protect your smile with gum disease treatments. To learn more about gum disease and its symptoms, please read the following:
– Gum disease often carries with it signs of damaged gums that appear flush with color, bleed frequently, are tender and swollen.
– Gum disease can cause halitosis, also known as bad breath.
– Gum disease can pull your gums away from your teeth, revealing the roots or making your teeth appear longer than normal.
– It can gradually cause your teeth to move out of place, and make them feel loose.
– Gum disease can be caused by habits such as smoking or chewing tobacco, using drugs.
– It often makes your gums bleed easily from simple tasks such as brushing and flossing or eating.
– Occasionally, gum disease results from dry mouth caused by medications.
For more gum disease advice and help from our team at J. Parham Dentistry, come in for a visit. If you would like an exam from Dr. James S. Parham, please book an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Springdale, Arkansas. We can be reached at 479-756-8631. The time is now to make the change you wish to see in your oral health.